Run Rule Down Entire subfolder tree ----?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Run Rule Down Entire subfolder tree ----? Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:34 am • by squashray
Tried getting this done but need some help: - with subfolder naming (yes read the sticky and did a search)

Seems simple:
I get a zip file (contains a pdf and a meeting recording(.m4a)) - Folder = Weekly Meetings
hazel opens it - works fine
creates following tree: Weekly Meetings>(datecreated)unzipped folder > file.pdf + file.m4a

I need to get in and rename the pdf and m4a files to <<datecreated>>name.pdf & same for .m4a
i just cant get hazel to drill down all the way from Weekly Meetings to the final files
cant create rules for the unzipped folder because it will be different every time
tried Run rules on folder contents (Watching Weekly Meetings folder) but then it just acts on the actual unzipped folder name itself

this must be simple I realize. :oops:

thanks for any help.
squashray

Could you post a screenshot of your rule?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

this is the uploaded zip file location before hazel acts:
here is the rule and result for opening the zip file:
here is my **attempted rule to go subfolder-ing and rename the pdf and .m4a to <<datecreated>>name.pdf
it only renames the unzipped folder NOT the contents IN that folder.

I just need to get access to the new unzipped folder to rename it and the 2 files
Is the KIND - IS - FOLDER the problem, or the ALL/ANY at the start of the rename ?

thanks for any help, just getting started here.
squashray

Read the sticky article again. Look at the picture with the red X through it. That means don't do that (which are are doing in your rule). You need to split that into separate rules. Give that a shot and report back.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support