Simple Google Drive Upload

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Simple Google Drive Upload Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:24 am • by nicolasonline
Hello,

I'm new to Hazel and would like to create a set of rules for a local Mac folder and its subfolders to upload to my Google Drive account.

I couldn't find a way to upload anything from my Mac to Google Drive. And didn't find any documentation on the Manual for uploading to online services? There is just the "Upload" attribute which allows to connect to WebDav, FTP.

A window app like FileZilla has the ability to Sync to Google Drive for example in addition to FTP, WebDav, etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated before I purchase Hazel just wanna make sure it works.

Thanks

Nick
nicolasonline

Re: Simple Google Drive Upload Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:30 am • by Mr_Noodle
Google Drive should have an option to view files in Finder. Using that, you shouldn't need to upload.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Simple Google Drive Upload Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:54 am • by nicolasonline
Mr_Noodle wrote:Google Drive should have an option to view files in Finder. Using that, you shouldn't need to upload.

The whole idea is to not use the Google Drive app for Mac and replace it with Hazel.

The reason is if Hazel can upload directly to Google Drive I won't need to have duplicates taking up space on my local drive by copying to a local Google Drive folder and then uploading from the Google Drive official app. Rather Hazel just determines which files to upload and uploads to Google Drive directly.
nicolasonline

Re: Simple Google Drive Upload Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:39 am • by Mr_Noodle
I see. Hazel does not support any proprietary protocols like that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Simple Google Drive Upload Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:41 am • by nicolasonline
Mr_Noodle wrote:I see. Hazel does not support any proprietary protocols like that.

Ok good to know. Is there anywhere we can do feature requests for future versions?

Apps like FileZilla or Transmit have Google Drive upload features built in, would be really cool if Hazel could add that to the "Upload" section along with FTP etc along with OneDrive, DropBox etc. Would be amazing
nicolasonline

Re: Simple Google Drive Upload Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:38 am • by Mr_Noodle
You can request here like you just did. I've added it to the feature database for future consideration.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support