Import into multiple Aperture libraries?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Import into multiple Aperture libraries? Fri May 18, 2012 5:34 pm • by turnerjess
Hi, I'm new to Hazel and I'm interested in setting up a rule that will import image files into an Aperture library. On my computer, I have multiple Aperture libraries that hold different types of images: one for photography, one for professional images, one for graphics, etc. All are located in my default user "Pictures" folder.

When I set up the hazel rule using the "Import into Aperture" action, it seems that I'm only seeing a list of Aperture projects (to import into) that are part of my main Aperture library, which I've left with the default filename "Aperture Library". Is there a way for hazel to recognize my other libraries as well, so I can import images into their projects?

Thanks!
turnerjess

Re: Import into multiple Aperture libraries? Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 am • by Mr_Noodle
I believe it is checking which is the one that is currently (or most recently) used by Aperture. When importing, it actually communicates with Aperture so it can't import into an arbitrary library. What happens if you switch libraries in Aperture?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support