Replacing a file in OneDrive no longer working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I'm not sure when this stopped working. I only just noticed it last week. I have a number of rules set up that I've been using for years that copy various files from the local filesystem to OneDrive. The rules are set up to replace the existing file if the file exists and to copy the folder structure from the monitored folder. Up until sometime recently, these rules have worked perfectly with no issues but as of at least last week, I get an error in the log - "hazelworker[53551] [Error] Copy failed: Could not throw away existing file/folder at destination...".

I've double checked that Hazel has full disk access AND has OneDrive toggled on in the Mac's security settings. I've also tried toggling that off and back on again, restarting the Mac, stopping and restarting Hazel, but nothing helps.

I have a couple other rules that use the same exact file copy setup (replace the existing file if the file exists and to copy the folder structure from the monitored folder) but only in the local filesystem and those still work as expected.

It's only when attempting to copy to OneDrive AND wanting it to replace an existing file with the same filename that it fails. It'll copy to OneDrive just fine when it's a new filename, but it fails when the file already exists in OneDrive and the rule says to replace it.

Mac = Apple M2 Max MBP
OS = Sonoma 14.2.1

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Any help with getting this resolved would be much appreciated!
pixelpoetix

Can you turn on debug logging as described here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-debug-mode/

After that, send me a fuller excerpt of the error in the logs.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support