Copy to remote server

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Copy to remote server Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:41 am • by tannebil
I encode on my Mac Studio but my media library is on my Mac Mini. If either machine gets rebooted, Hazel on the Studio can no longer find the share on the Mini. Am I missing an easy way to make the rule more robust?

Code: Select all
2023-12-23 01:23:05.544 86Z3GCJ4MF.com.noodlesoft.HazelHelper[1717] Error retrieving volume mount point for /Volumes/Automatically Add To TV: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Automatically Add To TV” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Volumes/Automatically%20Add%20To%20TV, NSFilePath=/Volumes/Automatically Add To TV, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000012c7f00 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}
tannebil

Re: Copy to remote server Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:33 am • by Mr_Noodle
Are you sure the volume is mounted and in the same location? You may need to look into how you have that set up.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Copy to remote server Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:05 pm • by tannebil
The issue is that Noodlesoft doesn't automatically remount the volume so whenever the mount is lost, e.g. reboot on either end, Hazel stops working. I keep hoping that I'm just doing something wrong and missing the option in the folder action or a Hazel preference to "automatically mount unmounted volumes" or that they would appear in a Hazel upgrade.

Is the "right" answer from your POV that I should write some external code (there are certainly plenty of "Run" action options) and use it in the folder rules?

Thanks!
tannebil

Re: Copy to remote server Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:54 am • by Mr_Noodle
While I guess you could monitor the folder containing the mount point and somehow trigger a script to do the mount, I'd suggest using some other program to handle it. I believe macOS does have an automounter built in which might be worth looking into.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support