Sync Rule Download

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sync Rule Download Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:43 pm • by Paul1762
hi all...

I am wanting to sync a number of folders from one drive to another within the folders I have subfolders.

I have read the manual that explains that Hazel can carryout a one way sync, which is what I need. reading through the forums I can see some kind members have uploaded there Sync.hazelrules examples.

I cannot find where I can download as a starter rule for me... can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Paul
Paul1762

Sync Rule Update Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:05 am • by Paul1762
I have now managed to get the Sync example file and adjusted this to what I think it is needed to sync my folders, however it does not work... any advise and help would be great.

I have created a screenshot of what it is I am trying to achieve and shows the Hazel Rules, the link is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hfhx8pp9 ... 01e4n&dl=0

My Folder Structure is below, and would like to Monitor all the below and Sync to a Destination Folder.

Folder:
Image To Be Process
[b]Subfolders[:/b]
1_Unprocessed
2_Currently Processing
3_Processed Images
4_Published
6_Signature
7 Portfolio

> Keepers

Best Regards, Paul
Paul1762

Re: Sync Rule Download Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:36 am • by Mr_Noodle
Read the chapter again. Rules are for files/folders INSIDE the monitored folder. If Keepers is the monitored folder, then that rule cannot match Keepers. You need to monitor the folder that contains Keepers in that case.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support