Openmeta tags

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Openmeta tags Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 pm • by Nilis99
I started using Hazel for two weeks now and love it. I'm trying to build a workflow with the help of a scansnap and Devonthink Pro.

The scanner puts the pdf's (with OCR) in a folder. Then Hazel is supposed to add openmeta tags to the folder based on content and adds them to the inbox of Devonthink.

The problem I'm having that it is not possible to add multiple openmeta tags to the files. My wish is to let it search for multiple words in the file and based on whether it is found or not adds an tag. For instance it looks for "Bank" and if it is found the tag "Bank" is added. Then it looks in the same file for the word "Insurance" and if it is found the tag "Insurance" is added. This way it is possible to add multiple tags to a file. Because they are imported in Devonthink the added tags are imported as well and I have a workflow without having to add anything manually. The problem is that only one tag is added. Any second tag will overwrite the first one.

Can anyone help me, maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Thanks a lot!
Nilis99

Re: Openmeta tags Mon May 14, 2012 2:43 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Does unchecking the "replacing existing" option not do that?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Openmeta tags Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 am • by Nilis99
No Sorry, I would have hoped that but unfortunately it doesn't!
Last edited by Nilis99 on Wed May 16, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nilis99

Re: Openmeta tags Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I'll look into it though keep in mind that OpenMeta is not an official feature so it'll be a low priority item. If I have time, though, I'll see if I can fix it for the next patch.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Openmeta tags Wed May 16, 2012 1:57 pm • by Nilis99
Thanks a lot! I'll keep you informed on my progress!
Nilis99

Return to Support