macOS shortcut output

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

macOS shortcut output Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:10 am • by gigisteph
Hello!
When I'm creating a folder somewhere, I have some rules executed by Hazel to create an Omnifocus project with apple script. I would like to add some other things, like creating a note and link them all together with an app called "Hookmark". The problem is it that Shortcuts seems to only receive a copy of the folder located in this folder
Code: Select all
/Users/username/Library/Group Containers/group.is.workflow.shortcuts/Temporary/com.apple.shortcuts.Run-Workflow/4E10DA11-AD26-4470-9C4C-A164C0AC02A5

So I can get the name but not the original URL of the folder inside the Shorctuts app. How could I get that working?

Thank you for helping!
gigisteph

Re: macOS shortcut output Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:11 am • by Mr_Noodle
This seems to be an odd quirk of using Shortcuts. You mentioned using AppleScript. Is there a reason you can't use that for the whole thing?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: macOS shortcut output Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:18 am • by gigisteph
Mr_Noodle wrote:This seems to be an odd quirk of using Shortcuts. You mentioned using AppleScript. Is there a reason you can't use that for the whole thing?

Cause I'm not really good at programming :)
and I had the feeling Shortcuts would simplify a lot of the process, maybe more future proof also if I want to change things in the process.
I should learn for sure...
gigisteph

Re: macOS shortcut output Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:25 am • by gigisteph
I forget to mention that the shortcut is working if I'm running it from the share button, when the selected folder is highlighted. So I think it's really about what Shortcuts have at the input.
gigisteph

Re: macOS shortcut output Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:06 am • by Mr_Noodle
Maybe get rid of "Feuille partagee". I don't know what it is in French, but change it to "nowhere".
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support