Mysterious Applescript Dialog

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Mysterious Applescript Dialog Thu May 10, 2007 1:38 pm • by bhcohen
Something on my machine is popping up an Applescript dialog that reads:

"Copy Job"

"Press Run to run this script, or Quit to quit"

I have no idea what is doing this.. it doesn't seem to be in response to anything that I'm doing. Pressing "Run" or "Quit" doesn't do anything, the dialog remains on the screen.

Could this be coming from Hazel?

(AFAIK, I don't have any Hazel rules which execute Applescript scripts)
bhcohen

Fri May 11, 2007 1:19 am • by Mr_Noodle
While there are some Applescripts in Hazel, none of them have the text "Copy Job" in them. My suggestion next time it happens is to use Activity Viewer to see what process could be causing it.

Also, found this thread. Based on this, my guess is that it's some Applescript application with a startup screen. You could also try using Spotlight to search for "Copy Job".

Let me know what you find.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Fri May 11, 2007 12:09 pm • by bhcohen
Aha... didn't think of a simple Spotlight search... looks like the culprit is a scheduled backup with SuperDuper

Thanks for the help

Mr_Noodle wrote:While there are some Applescripts in Hazel, none of them have the text "Copy Job" in them. My suggestion next time it happens is to use Activity Viewer to see what process could be causing it.

Also, found this thread. Based on this, my guess is that it's some Applescript application with a startup screen. You could also try using Spotlight to search for "Copy Job".

Let me know what you find.
bhcohen

Return to Support