How to use "Sort into subfolder" correctly

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

How to use "Sort into subfolder" correctly Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:46 am • by Trickyt57
I have a "Sort into subfolder" action
It reads the document, and finds the "client name"
It uses the "Sort into subfolder" action to create a folder with the client's name, and moves the document into that sub-folder.
Here is a photo of the rule:

So far the rule works fine.

However I would like that newly created folder to be located on a different drive.

I thought about using the "move" action, to move the newly created folder but I think that it would wipe out any existing folder with the same name each time another document for the same client appeared.

Is it possible to create a drive/folder/file path before the final destination name? Or can you suggest a work-around?
Trickyt57

You would do a move to the common folder that contains all these client folders, then use Sort into subfolder. Sort into subfolder will use existing folders if available.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thank you. Perfect solution. The answer is so obvious that I should have been able to figure it out.

There's a different problem on the ultimate drive (OneDrive/Cryptomator) which I referred to in another post related to copying and synching (and now I discover also related to "sort into subfolder") which I will deal with separately by sending you the relevant part of the log in debug mode as per your request yesterday.
Trickyt57

Return to Support