Folder not found on upload to WebDAV server

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Folder not found on upload to WebDAV server Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:10 am • by vco1
For quite some time I use a rule that uploads files to a remote WebDAV server. Since moving to a new computer (Apple Silicon) this rule fails.

Hazel 5.2.2

The error that I get is: The folder “Nieuwe%20map” could not be accessed. The file doesn’t exist.

The issue appears to be in the remote folder having a space in the name: "Nieuwe map". When I rename the folder to "Nieuwe_map" the rule is working again. However, this rule has been working with the foldername with a space for more than a year.

The log shows this information that may be a pointer to the cause of the error.
In the line starting with "Failed trying to get contents of directory for https:..." the foldername is written as "Nieuwe%2520map". Apparently Hazel is double encoding the percentage sign (%20 -> %2520).

Since the remote folder is used by others too, renaming is not the desired path. And it seems to be a bug. Hopefully this can be fixed in a future version.

On a related note: where and how can I delete entries that show up in the server menu for the Upload action?
vco1

Were you running Hazel 5.2.2 on the previous machine? Can you email in to support as I'd like to look into this a bit deeper.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Folder not found on upload to WebDAV server Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:16 am • by vco1
Same Hazel version, only on Intel. Just tested, and rule still works fine on that machine.

In the Edit server dialog I notice one difference. On the Intel machine it says "Nieuwe map" where on the M1 it's "Nieuwe%20map". Note that this is in Hazel. In the log on the M1 it's "Nieuwe%2520map".

I will mail support.
vco1

Return to Support