Title of scientific articles PDF

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Re: Title of scientific articles PDF Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:05 pm • by IvanPsy
Mr_Noodle wrote:If the journal name is hardcoded in there, then that means that the rule will only work with that journal. If you deal with multiple journals, then you end up having a separate rule for each one. If you have a limited set of journals, you can look into using a custom table attribute where you can list all the journals you know about.

Oh...can I?
I mean, I have several journals, each of them has different pattern.
Can I create a universal rule for all of them?
Unti know I've created a rule per journal.

Mr_Noodle wrote:As for why it isn't working, it's not clear from the screenshot. What does the end of your pattern look like (it's cut off in the screenshot)? What if you replace the whole journal name with (...)?

Please look at the updated screenshot: https://imgur.com/qNNbCLB

But, most important: are there some tutorials about all of these?
So that I can learn from them without bothering you with thousands of questions :-D
IvanPsy

Re: Title of scientific articles PDF Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:10 am • by Mr_Noodle
How different are the patterns? If the only thing different is the journal name, then yes, you can combine those.

That looks to be correct. Only thing I can think of is that there are some invisible characters that might be throwing things off. If there isn't any personal data involved, could you email me the rule and the document in question?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Title of scientific articles PDF Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:26 am • by IvanPsy
Mr_Noodle wrote:How different are the patterns? If the only thing different is the journal name, then yes, you can combine those.

That looks to be correct. Only thing I can think of is that there are some invisible characters that might be throwing things off. If there isn't any personal data involved, could you email me the rule and the document in question?

No problem at all.
I've sent you the documents via the Support option of the App.
IvanPsy

Previous

Return to Support