Hazel and dropbox/removable drives

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel and dropbox/removable drives Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:18 am • by EmmCeeSq
Hi there,

I've set up a rule that moves files to a dropbox location (stored on a removeable drive) on my mac, let's call it folder 1. However, I'm running this rule on two computers, both of which have this dropbox location on different removable drives. Therefore, whenever I open the rule on computer 1, after having run it on computer 2, there's a red cross next to the folder and the path is greyed out (and I have to go in and manually change it). And vice versa.

Is there a workaround for this/best practice for dealing with removable drives/dropbox? Thanks for any tips.

Incidentally, it would be very useful to be able to upload images directly to the forum/board, I know you can link, but it's not quite as convenient.

Mike
EmmCeeSq

Re: Hazel and dropbox/removable drives Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:27 am • by Mr_Noodle
In general, it's a bad idea to have two instances of Hazel running on the same set of files. Are you syncing rules? If so, it won't work if the locations are different. You could make two separate rules, enabled differently on each machine, to copy to their respective folders.

As for posting images, it's to minimize the damage from spambots. You don't see it as I require all first time posters to have their first post moderated, but they flood in on a regular basis.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel and dropbox/removable drives Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:25 am • by EmmCeeSq
Ah, gotcha, that makes sense, thanks for the info!

Loving Hazel btw, it's awesome! Great work
EmmCeeSq

Return to Support