Sync Not Working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sync Not Working Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:03 am • by baberim
I cannot figure this out. I used the support article on writing a rule that allows me to monitor a folder, and sync that folder to another. I'm getting a 'rule does not match' error, but everything as far as I can tell is correct.

Here is an image showing the rule and not matched error: https://ibb.co/vw0Jmp4

Here is an image showing the folder structure of the monitored folder: https://ibb.co/ngVr1qm

Please help. All I wanna do it have this folder sync to a backup folder on another drive.
baberim

Re: Sync Not Working Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:53 am • by Mr_Noodle
In the 3rd condition, change "all" to "any".
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Sync Not Working Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 pm • by baberim
Mr_Noodle wrote:In the 3rd condition, change "all" to "any".

You're a life saver Mr. Noodle. Thank you so much. I do have one more question.

I read on the support page that deletion shouldn't be possible with the sync function. So if I delete from the source, it shouldn't delete from the destination. But in my case, it's deleting from both when I delete from source. Is there any way to change this? I don't want to accidentally delete something and lose it on my destination drive.
baberim

Re: Sync Not Working Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:41 am • by Mr_Noodle
It's the opposite. Use sync if you want to track additions, modifications and deletions. If you just want to only reflect additions, then you'll need to do a different ruleset altogether. Read the manual on going into subfolders. In addition to that rule, you need to then add a file to copy files (not folders) individually.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support