Move folder when related file disappers

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Move folder when related file disappers Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 am • by Graf_Wetter
Hi,

I have a Job-Folder "AAA" in which .pdf files are processed by a Prepress-Workflow-Application.
Hazel moves this folder when all processing on the files inside has been finished.
So far, I have managed it by using the "date last modified" attribute to the files inside "AAA".
But I´m not satisfied because theres no way to stop the move if processing has not been successful.

The Workflow-Application generates a job ticket file "AAA.jt" next to the processed folder "AAA"
when it starts processing and deletes it when processing has been successfully finished.

WATCHED FOLDER/
___JOB-FOLDER "AAA"/
_______File1.pdf
_______File2.pdf
_______File3.pdf …
___Job-Ticket "AAA.jt"

So it would be great to have a rule that makes Hazel to move the Folder AAA
as soon as the related job ticket file "AAA.jt" has been disappeared.

Can this be done ?

Viele Grüße aus Deutschland,
Graf_Wetter
Graf_Wetter

Re: Move folder when related file disappers Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:56 am • by Mr_Noodle
You'd need to do a script in the conditions to check for that file.

There's a similar thread here. You may want to chime in on my post at the end: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1232#p5919
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
I established another subfolder "BBB" with the files in it that is now processed by the Prepress-Workflow as the workflow is able to look into subfolders.
So processed files and .jt file are now in one specific Job-Folder and a nested condition looking for .jt extensions inside the job-Folders does the job.

Thanks.
Graf_Wetter

Return to Support