Hazel TV Workflow with Subtitles

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel TV Workflow with Subtitles Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 pm • by swaxx
Hi Folks

since i'm german speaking i like to get that US TV - Shows with Subtitles. And with Hazel, i like it to get as automated as possible. So i wrote Rules that rename TV-Shows and Subtitles into an appropriate format and put them together in a folder. From there, i don't know exactly what to do, since i wanted to initiate Hazel to send the Files to iFlicks. I have two challenges: 1. Send the Files to iFlicks to do Metadata Lookup, convert, import to iTunes and send me a Growl notification AND the bigger Problem before that handover is that i only want to send Files to iFlicks which have appropriate Subtitle-Files. So i need to make sure that the MKV or AVI - File has a Subtitle File with the same name (except of the Subtitle Language at the end of the File but this will be handled by iFlicks) before initiating the Action. Does any of you have any idea?

-Mike
swaxx

Re: Hazel TV Workflow with Subtitles Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 am • by Mr_Noodle
I don't know much about iFlicks but I suspect you need to use Automator (if it provides Automator actions) or AppleScript to do that part.

To only send the files if the subtitle file exists would also need to be done via script in the conditions. You can use the "Passes Shellscript" or "Passes AppleScript" conditions to check for the file.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support