Sorting Fonts

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sorting Fonts Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:00 am • by jacjac
I like to monitor Downloads for fonts. Then move the font folders to another place.

If a folder contains a font file, the 'whole folder including the fonts' should be moved to another folder on my systems

How do I monitor for a folder that contains a specific file types?

Thanks
jacjac

Re: Sorting Fonts Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:06 am • by Mr_Noodle
Look into nested conditions in the help. Using those, you can set up a condition to match a folder based on the items within it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Sorting Fonts Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:22 am • by jacjac
Hi Mr Noodle

Thanks for replying and yes that did work...however...:D ...this does pick up and sort fonts as they are added to my Downloads folder but it also moves ANY other folders that contain font files into the fonts directory too.

So for example when I download a .zip file and expand it, if that contains a font, it disappears into the fonts folder. I could put a time delay on it but that's not ideal. Can anyone think of any other easy way to further limit the action?

Thanks for you support
---
John

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdd9gmpcb407v ... 1.jpg?dl=0
jacjac

Re: Sorting Fonts Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:31 am • by Mr_Noodle
Do you mean it's moving an incomplete folder? If so, then a delay is needed. You could add a condition to the nested condition like "Date added is not in the last X minutes".
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Sorting Fonts Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:44 am • by jacjac
Wow...fast...

Hi!

Yes, if the folder is moved into the Downloads Folder or one expanded from a .zip file contains a font, then the whole folder is moved. I guess it makes sense of course but i was hoping for a solution to stop that from happening.
jacjac

Return to Support