Hazel 5.2 not updating via "Check for Updates

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel 5.2 not updating via "Check for Updates Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:46 am • by varxx
I was happy to see a Ventura-compliant update of Hazel, a utility that I love. For some reason, though, when I use the "Check for Updates" option from Hazel's main menu, it seems to begin the process but doesn't continue, nor is there an error or other process notice. Any ideas? Thank you.
varxx

Exactly the same for me - I'm on 5.1.1

First time I saw nothing and then Check for Updates was greyed out. I quit Hazel and tried again - this time a dialog with progress bar when I ran Check for Updates but then the dialog vanished and nothing, but menu is now greyed out.

I'm running Ventura 13.0 on an M1 iMac
KiltedGreen

Ah - I must have been half asleep when doing this. Mr Noodle says in his email that the updater in 5.1.1 is broken and to download the update using the link in his email. Doh.
KiltedGreen

Re: Hazel 5.2 not updating via "Check for Updates Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:42 pm • by varxx
KiltedGreen wrote:Ah - I must have been half asleep when doing this. Mr Noodle says in his email that the updater in 5.1.1 is broken and to download the update using the link in his email. Doh.

Yep, I also used the download link and was successful. (I had written to Noodlesoft to ask.) Nice to have Hazel at work again. I had begun to take her for granted, but in her absence I learned better and no longer do so.
varxx

The link on the web site acts the same as the update. The download is very slow (7 kB/s).
I guess I'll have to send an email to the support to get a proper link as you did.
pbernery

Return to Support