Folder monitoring

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Folder monitoring Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:45 am • by philcollins1000
A weird happening....

For no apparent reason I seem unable to monitor a rule by viewing the file it refers to. First time its happened and don't think I I've made any major changes that would affect the operation - any thoughts?

I have attached the onscreen warning below...
[img][https://imgur.com/a/cD7uT9[jimg]
philcollins1000

Re: Folder monitoring Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:19 am • by Mr_Noodle
That error is because you are trying to navigate outside the monitored folder. You can only preview files in the monitored folder.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Folder monitoring Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:38 am • by philcollins1000
Mr_Noodle wrote:That error is because you are trying to navigate outside the monitored folder. You can only preview files in the monitored folder.

Hmmm.... Think I'm missing something here.

I do as I have always done - select the folder in the left panel, then the rule in the middle panel and finally the eye at the top. That would normally take me to the folder name that I have selected on the left and enable me to pick the file I am trying to get Hazel to work on...

That's no longer the case and it goes into a loop - the only way to then get out of the loop is to force quit Hazel.

The only thing change I have made in recent days is a return to Default Folder X and I notice that it pulls DFX up when it goes to offer the folder - is there some clash with DFX?
philcollins1000

Re: Folder monitoring Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:53 am • by philcollins1000
Looks like it is a clash with Default Folder X - I have quit the application and all is fine again with the world!

Not sure why it would clash but I suppose I can work around the issue by quitting DFX when I am checking Hazel actions and turn it back on again after I finish.

Any thoughts on the clash?
philcollins1000

Re: Folder monitoring Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:31 am • by Mr_Noodle
Do you have DFX set to go to a certain folder when it brings up the panel? You may want to contact the developer to see if there's anything happening along those lines.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support