Underscore vs. Automatic date detection

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Underscore vs. Automatic date detection Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:21 pm • by PatrickStar
Hey there,

great software - using it for years! (Currently 5.14 2295)

I'm not sure if this is a known issue (didn't find anything in the manual or the support section in this board) and/ or if it is even solvable:

I've got documents from my bank named like this:
Code: Select all
YYYY-MM-DD_SomeGenericFileName.pdf

2022-03-22_Einladung zur Hauptversammlung.pdf

For some reason the date will be detected automatically when it is followed by a space but not if it is followed by a underscore.

The date pattern is recognised when I'm using a custom pattern but I'd love to use the "Automatically detect date format" option since my bank isn't really consistent with the date naming scheme. Last year they used:
Code: Select all
YYYYMMDD_SomeGenericFileName.pdf

20220322_Einladung zur Hauptversammlung.pdf

My custom pattern works for now and I could replace all underscores before date detection. So I'm not really looking for a workaround. Just wanted to raise the issue in case this isn't a known and intended (or at least accepted) behaviour.
PatrickStar

Re: Underscore vs. Automatic date detection Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:53 am • by Mr_Noodle
The automatic date detection is basically Apple's code for detecting things like dates and as well as phone numbers, addresses, etc. So I don't actually have much control over that algorithm specifically.

What you can do is specify custom patterns and also do custom dates in another condition. You can have those conditions grouped under an "any" condition (see "nested conditions" in the manual).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support