Make sort into subfolders ignore case

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Make sort into subfolders ignore case Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 am • by badsandwich
I have a sort into sub-folders rule applied. If the token provided for the base folder resolves to "my folder" Hazel will create the folder, even if "My Folder" exists. Is there any way to override this behaviour?

10.6.8 / 3.0.4
badsandwich

Re: Make sort into subfolders ignore case Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 am • by Mr_Noodle
Are you saying that you have both "my folder" and "My Folder" folders in the same folder? That would mean that you set your filesystem to be case-sensitive, which Hazel doesn't really have special support for (and if it did, then the behavior you are describing would be correct anyways). Maybe you have some stray characters (a space at the end) or something?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Make sort into subfolders ignore case Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 am • by badsandwich
Mr_Noodle wrote:Are you saying that you have both "my folder" and "My Folder" folders in the same folder? That would mean that you set your filesystem to be case-sensitive, which Hazel doesn't really have special support for (and if it did, then the behavior you are describing would be correct anyways). Maybe you have some stray characters (a space at the end) or something?

Hmm, it didn't occur to me to check whether the volume itself is case sensitive, looks like it is.
badsandwich

Return to Support