condition "other" doesnt work!

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

condition "other" doesnt work! Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:03 am • by masaga
Hi folks,

I want to specify a certain kind of pic with a certain dimension.
So i remember that time ago I chose "Other" as condition to choose between some EXIF-variables. In my case I want to look after a certain pixel-dimension to rename a file.
But when I want to choose "Other", the field switches to "Name" and doesnt let me go further.

I work on a Mac Mini with Ventura-beta. But the problem existed already before the beta! & latest Hazel-version.
Has anyone the same issue?
masaga

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:48 am • by Mr_Noodle
This seems to be an issue with Ventura. I am looking into it. Thanks for the report.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:09 pm • by rjqueen
I'm having the same problem. On choosing "other..." from the drop-down menu a small dialogue window briefly appears at the bottom left corner of the display for about a millisecond then disappears so there's no opportunity to select an item from it to set a condition - this is quite frustrating, indeed. It's so tantalizingly close but without being able to make a selection the rule I'd like to create, based on keywords, is impossible to complete.

When do you guys think a fix might be implemented?
rjqueen

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:11 am • by Mr_Noodle
Have you updated to the latest version?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:24 pm • by zkarj
I've also just encountered this problem. It worked the first time I used it, but thereafter I get the disappearing window.

I checked for any updates, but that window also disappeared and now the menu item is greyed out. I'm on 5.1.1.
zkarj

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:36 pm • by zkarj
Well, I managed to update to 5.2 but it was not a fun experience.

I double-clicked the app in the DMG and it offered to replace the existing instance, which I said yes to. That then disappeared and I had nothing. Launching Hazel showed it was still 5.1.1.

I next dragged it to my Applications folder. Launching it showed I now had 5.2 but it was constantly popping up a banner saying Hazel had been stopped, but before I could click Start it would disappear. I think the two versions were fighting it out.

I eventually nuked all of the Hazel processes (which kept respawning) and managed to run 5.2 and not have any weirdness.

"Other" now works again.
zkarj

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Sat May 06, 2023 10:18 am • by MkNk
I was trying to use the "Other" condition to set a Pixel width/height requirement but the popover flashed at the bottom left of my screen and can't never set anything in the Other popover. I'm on 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a).

I see in Version 5.2 (Nov 2, 2022) that it was supposed to be fixed:
"Fixed certain popovers (like the "Other" attributes list) not showing up on Ventura."

But I still have this issue. Please let me know if I can help resolving it as I really need to be able to set things in Other.

Thanks!
MkNk

Re: condition "other" doesnt work! Mon May 08, 2023 9:22 am • by Mr_Noodle
Latest version is 5.2.1. Can you try that version?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support