If you are running into issues on Ventura...

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

If you are having problems with Hazel on Ventura, in particular with the background helper process and rules not running properly, and if you are willing to run some extra diagnostics to help figure out the issue, please email in to support.

I am currently trying to track down the issue with Apple and need more info from users in the field. Thanks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Hi Mr Noodle!

Wondered if you got anywhere with this query?

I have been running Hazel for many years and most recently on a MacBook Air M2 running Ventura with no issues. I have now acquired a Mac Mini M2 Pro in order to run background processes from an "always on" state... a number of those background processes involve running a whole host of Hazel rules... however, they simply do not run? They happily match all of the rule attritbutes but don't then run, automatically or in manual mode.

And I cant find the either Hazel or Hazel helper anywhere in Files and Folders or full disk access in settings.

My MacBook Air is in hospital at the moment so I can't check whether Hazel or Helper appears in the settings on that machine (and when it retusn it will have been wiped).

Any thoughts or comments....
philcollins1000

What version of Hazel do you have installed?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:What version of Hazel do you have installed?

philcollins1000

Can you go through the troubleshooting guide here? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Report back with the results. Also, can you give me the exact version number of macOS you are running?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support