Set Tags from folder to child element

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Set Tags from folder to child element Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:16 am • by LukasMax
Hello,

I am excited about this wonderful tool. However, I am currently stuck.

I would like to use Hazel to sort my music projects that I create with Ableton in a more meaningful and especially automatic way.

What exactly do I want:

- I save an Ableton project in the folder "Ableton". When saving I assign the tag "House" and "WIP".
    - Now I want Hazel to monitor the "Ableton" folder and look at the saved project. Then it should look at when it was created and then automatically create it in a folder from the year it was created. For example in the folder "2022".
    - Then Hazel should look at what tags were assigned.
    - If the tag "House" was assigned, the file should be moved to a folder named "House".
    - Inside the folder "House" it should be moved to the folder "WIP".

Up to here I get everything right. Now the saved project would be located here:
Example:
Ableton -> House -> WIP -> 20220920_House (Ableton project).

However, I would now like the following:
    - When I render the music in Ableton, I always save the MP3 file in the same Project folder. (Info, in Ableton you always save the project as a "folder".
    - I now want Hazel to check the Project folder to see if it contains an MP3 file named exactly the same as the parent folder. If yes, then the Mp3 file should get the same tags as the folder + the tag "Track".

Unfortunately I don't know if something this complex is even possible, but maybe someone here has an idea or solution.

I would be very happy. If something is described unclearly, I will gladly try to describe it more clearly.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
LukasMax

Re: Set Tags from folder to child element Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:33 am • by Mr_Noodle
At the moment, there is no way to carry tags over in a general sense. You can check for specific tags and set those but can't blindly copy all of them over. You will need to write a script to handle that part.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support