Can't Copy From Dropbox to Desktop Anymore

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Can't Copy From Dropbox to Desktop Anymore Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:09 pm • by iampariah
I got a new M1 MBP a few months ago. Ever since, I can't get some rules I've relied on for years to work. I've gone through the troubleshooting guide, but I'm not seeing the cause or a solution (I might be too close to it at this point). Please help?

Workflow:
    On phone I take screenshots as reminders for myself
    Dropbox app (on phone) uploads screenshots (and phone's camera photos) to Dropbox cloud in /Camera Uploads folder
    /Camera Uploads folder downloads to Mac

Hazel moves photographs (not screenshots) to Year- and Month-based subfolders of a Photo Library folder, also synced via Dropbox
    At the same time, Hazel is supposed to, but no longer, renames screenshots (based on extension and pixel dimensions), copies them to the Desktop, and then moves them out of /Camera Uploads to the /Screenshots folder for archival

This last step fails--partly. Hazel does differentiate photos and screenshots, and does rename the screenshot files, but it will not copy them to the Desktop or move them to /Screenshots.

I've even tried an action that JUST copies screenshots to the Desktop. It fails.

Hazel also will not move the files. It will copy them to /Screenshots but not move them. So, I'm left with screenshots I have to manually delete from Dropbox's /Camera Uploads.

Please help.
iampariah

Can you post results of the troubleshooting tests?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support