Please Help Me Keep My Media Folder Backed Up

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Please Help Me Keep My Media Folder Backed Up Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:36 am • by baberim
I, for whatever reason, cannot seem to get any sort of decent understanding of this app.

I'm trying to keep my media folder synced to another hard drive. I only want it synced one way (meaning I only want to copy the folder from one hard drive to the other, however if I delete something from the source drive I do not want it to automatically delete from the destination drive). I'd like to monitor the destination folder so that any time I add a new file into any of its subfolders, that file gets copied to the destination folder in the correct subfolder

My source folder looks like this:

Media > Videos > 10 different folders with files/subfolders.

Destination Drive has: MediaBackup > Videos

I'm trying to sync videos from source into videos to destination

Please help, I'm desperate.
baberim

Since you don't want files deleted then you'll have to skip the normal sync method described in the manual.

First off, create a rule to copy files over. You'll have to determine what kind of criteria suits your needs. Set the option to copy over the folder structure.

Next, create a separate rule to tell Hazel to go into subfolders. There's a chapter on it in the manual. Read it very carefully.

That should about do it. I highly recommend doing this on some test files until you are comfortable that things are working as you expect.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support