Move script-generated file into discovered subfolder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I am using Channels DVR to record TV shows. Those TV show video files get saved to a folder. A TV show name sub-folder is created from Channels DVR. I have the parent TV shows folder monitored in Hazel.

1st Rule: Find the sub-folders and run rules on the folder contents (the video files)

2nd Rule: Find only the video files that haven't been modified in the last 2 minutes and run the https://github.com/donmelton/other_video_transcoding script on the file.

The Hazel rules run fine and the transcoded file is created, however the transcoded mkv file and log are saved in the monitored "TV Shows" folder and not next to the original video file in the TV Show Name sub-folder.

How would I go about getting this transcoded file to stay in the TV Show Name sub-folder alongside the original video file?
HazelEyes

Think I figured out what I was doing wrong. Instead of the rule pointed to the video file, I had to point the rule at the sub-folder and then use the shell script to search for the files to transcode. Now the transcoded mkv file ends up in the same sub-folder as the recording mpg.

HazelEyes

Return to Support