Hazel controlling PDFpenPro

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel controlling PDFpenPro Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:51 am • by kelpie
Hi
I have a problem which I suspect is not with Hazel directly but would be grateful for any advice, thanks.

I have set a rule in Hazel to OCR PDF files using PDFpenPro via an Applescript within Hazel. All seems fine and PDFpenPro opens the doc but then I get an alert window saying Hazel needs to be allowed to control PDFpenPro. I click the 'OK' button but nothing happens, nothing happens if I click the 'Don't Allow' button either. In my system prefs under Automation I see Hazel with PDFpenPro listed below, sometimes this checkbox is selected, at other times it is not. If I see it not selected I manually select it but still nothing happens. I am assuming the problem lies with the prefs for Automation not being written.
Is there a plist for Automation? Can I do anything to rectify this?
I have restarted the iMac several times but with no change.
Many thanks for any advice given.
kelpie

Re: Hazel controlling PDFpenPro Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:57 am • by Mr_Noodle
You want that checked. Do not uncheck it.

If it doesn't work, then you'll need to go through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel controlling PDFpenPro Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:11 am • by kelpie
Mr_Noodle wrote:You want that checked. Do not uncheck it.

Yes, I check it but it seems to uncheck itself and the alert window buttons don’t function. Is that window from Hazel or the system?
kelpie

Re: Hazel controlling PDFpenPro Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:56 am • by Mr_Noodle
That comes from the OS. Can you record a video of this happening and email in to support?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support