Hazel 5.1 "Check for Updates" doesn't detect Hazel 5.1.2

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I'm running Hazel 5.1 on Monterey 12.4.

When I noticed in MacUpdater that Hazel 5.1.2 is the latest release, I decided to let Hazel update itself. However, neither "Check for Updates..." in the Hazel application menu nor "Check Now" in Preferences > Advanced offers to update to the latest release. The only thing that happens when I do a Check is that progress bar appears for just a moment, and then both Check functions are disabled until I quit and relaunch Hazel.

The one thing that's a bit unusual about Hazel on my Mac is I've installed it in a "3rd party apps" folder instead of the macOS Applications or Utilities folder.

I realize I can download and install the latest release. But I'd really like to have Hazel's Daily Check for updates to automatically detect a new release.

-- Ward
Last edited by Ward on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ward

The auto-updater is broken in 5.1 and 5.1.1 so you'll need to update manually from those versions.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

After manually installing Hazel 5.1.2 in my "3rd party apps" folder, I've verified that Check for Updates reports Hazel 5.1.2 is the latest release, and both of the Check techniques can be used repeatedly.
Ward

Mr_Noodle wrote:The auto-updater is broken in 5.1 and 5.1.1 so you'll need to update manually from those versions.

Want to tell us how to get the manual updater?
gridiron7NOUN

Download it from the site and install it from there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support