About the "Date Last Modified did not change" condition

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi there.

I'm trying to understand how Hazel evaluates the condition "Date Last Modified did not change" condition.

I have a file that was not modified after the creation date. The info panel of macOS says Created: Tuesday, 31 May 2022 09:51 and Modified: Tuesday, 31 May 2022 09:51. The dates are the same. When Hazel check the above condition (Date Last Modified did not change), it evaluates true, which seems to be correct.

But I have another file that was modified after the creation date. The info panel of macOS says Created: Tuesday, 31 May 2022 09:50 and Modified: Monday, 6 June 2022 16:42. The dates are different. But when Hazel check the same condition (Date Last Modified did not change), it also evaluates true, which seems to be incorrect.

I didn't find nothing about this condition in the manual, that's why I came to ask here.

Thanks!
repoles

"did not change" is relative to the last time Hazel evaluated that file. So, first time it encounters the file, it may evaluate to false then next time and for then onwards, will evaluate to false as long as the date hasn't changed since.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thank you, Mr Noodle!
repoles

Return to Support