Simple rename file from Parent Folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Simple rename file from Parent Folder Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 am • by JasonNewton
Hi there,

I have looked everywhere to find this. Most YT videos are too complicated and are more complex than I need.

here is my scenario:

A folder with a given title. I need a rule that will simply rename the file to the Folder above. There are no sub folders and only one file in any given folder. The only thing I need to stress is that the renaming must not affect the extension.

So to clarify: I drop a file into a folder and the file is renamed to the folder it's in. But the extension remains unchanged.

I am pulling out my hair, trying to solve this. Well, what little hair I have left. :D

Kind Regards
JasonNewton

Re: Simple rename file from Parent Folder Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:15 pm • by JasonNewton
Here is what I have. It even matches the rules but will not rename the file.

JasonNewton

Re: Simple rename file from Parent Folder Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:19 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Can you give me a specific example with actual file and folder names and locations?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Simple rename file from Parent Folder Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:39 am • by JasonNewton
Mr_Noodle wrote:Can you give me a specific example with actual file and folder names and locations?

JasonNewton

Re: Simple rename file from Parent Folder Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:10 am • by JasonNewton
I figured it out. I needed a separate rule underneath to actually rename the file.
JasonNewton

Return to Support