"Date Added" not showing correct date/time.

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

"Date Added" not showing correct date/time. Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:51 pm • by botsmack
I just upgraded to version 3 and am really impressed. However, I'm running into an issue where Hazel thinks that the date added is from a few days ago instead of what Finder states if from one and a half years ago.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1156878/2012-03-22_17-49-29.png
botsmack

What OS version are you running?

Also, IIRC, if the date added is actually blank, Finder will show some other date (maybe the date created?). If it's the same as date created then chances are that it's inaccurate.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I'm running 10.7.3.

It might be something inherent in Lion (or OS X in general), but I wasn't sure. The odd thing is that all of the items on the desktop show that for Date Added, but the other possible dates the OS could show are all different, as you can see from my original screenshot. The forum cut off the edge (on my view), but if you click the link below it you'll see the full version.

I've since modified my Hazel action to run on a different item, but I'll be happy to continue to troubleshoot if you need/want me to.
botsmack

How do the dates look when you do "Get Info" on them in Finder? Again, do not trust Finder's list view for dates.

Also, are you ok with using the commandline? If so, use the mdls command on the file and post the output.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support