Subfolder depth -- doesn't work passed 0?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Subfolder depth -- doesn't work passed 0? Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:04 pm • by gorilladunk

Hello,

I have a folder structure like this:

Folder
---a
---b
---c
---d
---e
---f
---g
---h
---i

where 1, 2, and 3 are directories, and a-i are images.

The rule I attached is on the directory called "folder", which contains 1,2, and 3. If I set subfolder depth to 0, it will delete images in "folder", but if I set subfolder depth to 1, it will not delete images in 1,2, or 3.

How can I make it delete images in 1,2, and 3? I think I'm misunderstanding how the subfolder depth trigger works.

gorilladunk

Re: Subfolder depth -- doesn't work passed 0? Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:07 am • by Mr_Noodle
You need to add a rule to tell Hazel to go into subfolders. Check the manual as there's a whole chapter dedicated to that topic.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:You need to add a rule to tell Hazel to go into subfolders. Check the manual as there's a whole chapter dedicated to that topic.

Ok, I see now. I need an entirely separate rule that just says "if kind is folder, run rules on folder contents". I've been adding "run rules on folder contents" to the rule I posted above and expecting results. I didn't pick that up from reading the man page the first time, thanks.
gorilladunk

Return to Support