Operation not permitted error on Monterey

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Operation not permitted error on Monterey Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:43 pm • by dealtek
I keep getting some errors with new M1 and Monterey 12.1

I think I set the hazel sysprefs correctly...

but then I get this

2021-12-21 10:30:47.738 hazelworker[1813] Received error while processing file /Users/xxx/Desktop/xxx/xxx-xxx: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=257 "The file “xxx-xxx” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Users/xxx/Desktop/xxx/xxx-xxx, NSFilePath=/Users/xxx/Desktop/xxx/xxx-xxx, NSUnderlyingError=0x600003ce0c60 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted"}}

and the permissions seem right on folder xxx-xxx...

if I change the source folder from something like xxx-xxx to just xxxxxx then the problem goes away....

Any Ideas?
dealtek

Check your privacy settings. Launch System Preferences, go to Security & Privacy, then Privacy. In that list, go to Files & Folders. Find Hazel in that list and check all folders you want to give Hazel access to.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Operation not permitted error on Monterey Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:03 pm • by dealtek
Thanks I will check this out
dealtek

I have this same issue but hazelhas full access to my external hard drives.

Note that the Hazel the dropdown from the Toolbar "Run Rules" shows a warning indicator on a couple of folders on external hard drives but not all of them.

The "Preview Rules" and "Status" of the rules within the main rules window show that the rules are perfectly formed and are ready to be executed against.

Is there anything else one can do to resolve this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m316r5kbmbl1iu/hazel.jpg?dl=0
Dunnowhen

That red badge indicates Hazel does not have permissions for those folders. You will need to check the permissions for those in Finder to address the problem.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support