Hazel issues on new MBP

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel issues on new MBP Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:03 pm • by UFGrayMatter
Hi all! I'm moving from my 2019 MBP running Catalina to the new 2021 MBP running Monterey. Hazel is having an issue with several folders and won't run any rules in them. Going to the menu bar and run rules, I see three folders with a "stop sign" looking icon on the folder. I can't figure out why that is there and how to fix it. Help!
UFGrayMatter

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:05 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you describe the stop sign? Are you referring to a red X on the folders or is it something else?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:38 pm • by UFGrayMatter
It's a red circle with a white line horizontal through it. https://www.pngitem.com/middle/JiohT_tr ... rcle-with/

I've tried removing and adding the folders, but stays the same.
UFGrayMatter

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:42 am • by Mr_Noodle
That indicates that you do not have permissions. What folders are these specifically? Are they standard folders like Documents, Downloads etc?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:17 pm • by UFGrayMatter
Mr_Noodle wrote:That indicates that you do not have permissions. What folders are these specifically? Are they standard folders like Documents, Downloads etc?

The three that are having issues right now are on Google Drive folders. I have the Google Drive app that allows me to view Drive folders in my finder. It worked on my old system.
UFGrayMatter

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:21 am • by Mr_Noodle
Unless this is happening with other folders, you'll need to look into Google Drive and what it's doing with folder permissions.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:54 am • by UFGrayMatter
Mr_Noodle wrote:Unless this is happening with other folders, you'll need to look into Google Drive and what it's doing with folder permissions.
Any thoughts on where to look? Where would Hazel run into permission issues? I'm using the Google Drive app with no issues like I've always used on previous MBPs and macOS'.

For context, I use the Dropbox app that gives me my Dropbox folders in my Finder the same exact way that Google Drive folders show up. The Dropbox folders are working perfectly in Hazel.
UFGrayMatter

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:35 am • by UFGrayMatter
Mr_Noodle wrote:Unless this is happening with other folders, you'll need to look into Google Drive and what it's doing with folder permissions.

Did some more Googling and came across a post about Hazel Helper not having Full Disk Access. That seemed to be the trick. Hopefully that can help you better give some warnings to people in a UI.
UFGrayMatter

Re: Hazel issues on new MBP Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 am • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks for the report. Odd that Google Drive would require that, though, since that's usually only needed for Apple's system files.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support