Custom token worked in 2.x, not in 3.x (please read)

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Good morning all. I took a look at my computer that does a bunch of ripping DVD's for me. I have purchased and love hazel, just got the 3.0 last week.

I have a file called:
My Show Name - S03E01-1.m4v

My ripping software adds the -1 at the end, and I used hazel to remove it.

So I had a custom token with the contents of:
Anything ...
So the rule was to match <mycustomtoken> -1

Then it renamed it to <mycustomtoken>.ext.

Simple, happy, worked for months.

Since 3.0, I find that its now running the rule, and now I end up with:
My Show Name - S3E01.m4v (its removed the 0 in front of the 3. AHHHH!

I even tried creating my custom token to Anything - S<Digit><digit>E<digit><digit> in hopes of perserving that part, splitting off from the -1. Still the same result.

Then I tried making 2 custom tokens, one with My show name, and another with S<digit><digit>E<digit><digit> , same result.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
HackerJL

Is there something special I need to do since it matches 03 instead of 3. I have tried single digits, and number, both end up the same. it changes 03 to 3. I have tried just letting it think its anything (...) but it still changes it.
HackerJL

There is a bug now where the custom token is interpreted as a number and therefore is formatted as such. It will be fixed in the next patch but it may be a while before it's released so I suggest emailing me at support and I can send you a test build when I have the fix ready.

Another possible way around it is that each digit is its own custom token. It's a pain, though, and I suggest emailing me for the fix instead.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

No problem. GREAT support! Cant say enough.
HackerJL

Return to Support