Tags not being indexed on Monterey

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Tags not being indexed on Monterey Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:20 pm • by ahaghgoo
Hi,

I've upgraded to Monterey during the past week and I've discovered that my utility apps, namely LaunchBar and Hazel, are not indexing any newly created tags within Finder. The way that I would do things is that I would create a tag within Finder's preferences, and then I would call up any file that I wish to move via Hazel through LaunchBar and then I would use the tag that I just created to be identified by Hazel to be moved to the location that I have specified through Hazel's rules.

Unfortunately, neither Hazel nor LaunchBar are indexing the new tags that I have created since upgrading to Monterey. They both have inherited the previously created tags, but any new tags created since upgrading has not been indexed, even when I try to manually initiate it.

Not sure if this is replicable on anyone else's machine, but thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this and found any troubleshooting techniques to resolve it.

Thanks!
ahaghgoo

Re: Tags not being indexed on Monterey Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:15 am • by Mr_Noodle
There have been some changes in Monterey with tags but not sure if this is the issue you are seeing. Are you willing to try the beta? There is a tag-related fix. Check the beta forum for details.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Tags not being indexed on Monterey Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:40 pm • by ahaghgoo
Thanks! The Beta addressed these issues! Thanks Mr_Noodle!!
ahaghgoo

Re: Tags not being indexed on Monterey Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:34 am • by Mr_Noodle
Good to hear. Thanks for testing it out and confirming.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support