Why does archive fail?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Why does archive fail? Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:20 am • by jmfontana
Hi,
This is my first post here. I've tried to search through the forums to see if there was already some discussion that could be relevant but I have not been able to find anything.

The problem is this. I have a rule that zips any file that is saved in a particular folder. The rule is simple:

All
Extension is not .zip
Name contains Mail

Do the following:

Archive

I'm sure this rule has worked some times because there are some files that are zipped. For reasons that I don't understand, though, now I'm getting this messages that say "Archive failed". How do I find out why it failed?
jmfontana

Re: Why does archive fail? Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:57 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you go through the troubleshooting guide here? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Report back with the results from that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Why does archive fail? Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:37 am • by jmfontana
OK. Thanks. I had a look at the logs and I saw what the problem was. Since there were other files that had the same name, the file could not be compressed. I would have imagined that it would rename it automatically but I guess it didn't.

I didn't see any way of creating a new name for the zipped file so I solved the problem by renaming the file itself before zipping it. Not an ideal solution but in this case it is not too much of a problem.
jmfontana

Return to Support