Folder Management Help Needed

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Folder Management Help Needed Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:05 am • by dealtek
Hi all,

I have an app that does hourly backups to a folder 'MyBackups' using a folder name like 'Backup A' 'Backup B' etc... Sometimes this process deliberately is halted from time to time.

Goal:

This main backup folder 'MyBackups' Will fill up overtime. My goal is to make sure that the most recent backup folder - will always remain in this folder (whether the main app process is active or stopped) and all the other older ones can be moved elsewhere or deleted.

So I tried rules like:

if all match:

sub-file/folder count > 1
continue matching rules

then rule 2

- if date created is not in the last 1 day
- move to folder 'old'

problem: it seems to move all the folders including the one I want to keep in the main 'MyBackups' folder

Q: how can I fix this so that the latest folder Will remain is that my backup folder and all the other ones will get moved
dealtek

Re: Folder Management Help Needed Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 am • by Mr_Noodle
First off, please do not post Hazel questions to the Forum/Site forum. That is for discussions about the forums and this site specifically.

Your first rule is unnecessary. Hazel will continue to the next rule regardless. Try using a condition like "Date created is not among the 1 most recent" to match everything except the most recent one.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Folder Management Help Needed Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:44 am • by dealtek
Hi,

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

And thanks for the suggestion - I will try it now.

OK - I just tried it and that WORKED PERFECTLY - THANKS SO MUCH!

Dave
dealtek

Return to Support