Sometimes tags are added incorrectly

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sometimes tags are added incorrectly Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:23 am • by thierrym
Hi,
English is not my primary language, so please excuse me if I am not very clear on my first attempt to explain what I experience.

I have rules, which Add tags to files. For instance, one tag might be a purple tag named MyTag.

Sometimes, it seems that a tag is indeed added to the file, but it is only a Purple tag (named Purple), instead of MyTag: the tag's colour is correct but not the tag's label.

The Purple tag does not exist before added to the file (I have deleted all colour named tags).

Has anyone already encountered this behaviour?

Thanks
thierrym

Re: Sometimes tags are added incorrectly Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:04 am • by Mr_Noodle
Is the file on your main drive or an external or network drive? Is it in a folder used by a cloud service? What happens if you add the tag manually in Finder? Lastly, what version of macOS are you running?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Sometimes tags are added incorrectly Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:25 am • by thierrym
Mr_Noodle wrote:Is the file on your main drive or an external or network drive? Is it in a folder used by a cloud service? What happens if you add the tag manually in Finder? Lastly, what version of macOS are you running?

Thanks!

The file is on the main drive, and is moved from the "Downloads" folder to a local folder used by OneDrive.
If I add the tag manually, it works.
Version : MacOS 11.5.1

As I said, it is not happening all the time unfortunately (would be easier to track), but only sometimes, and I have not been able to point out other events happening at the same time that might cause this.
thierrym

Re: Sometimes tags are added incorrectly Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:45 am • by Mr_Noodle
I suggest checking the logs. Go to Help->View Logs. Search for one of the files with the purple tag and post/email in the relevant excerpt.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support