I thought I knew what I was doing…

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I thought I knew what I was doing… Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:50 am • by Zarkov
But clearly I was wrong. I am trying to back up a folder of text files (Including subfolders and subfiles) to iCloud (specifically to the text files folder in iCloud). In Mr. Noodle's parlance, I believe the enclosing folder is "Documents", and the folder to be synced is "My daily logs", plus all its suborders and files, which is in Documents. I probably need to add a final "run rules on folder contents", but my problem seems more fundamental than that. When I do a test, I get a "rule does not match" on the first line. I'm sure I'm doing something foolish, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?

The Hazel script is shown below. Many thanks for any help.

Zarkov

Re: I thought I knew what I was doing… Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:36 am • by Mr_Noodle
Click on the red X to see what the name is. Also, you do not need to use "Run rules on folder contents" in this case.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: I thought I knew what I was doing… Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:23 am • by Zarkov
Mr_Noodle wrote:Click on the red X to see what the name is. Also, you do not need to use "Run rules on folder contents" in this case.

Sorry to have to bug you again Paul. I thought I'd get someone from the forums and not have to bother you. Clicking the red X after "name is My daily logs", shows "not matched: Name Documents". But "Documents" is the enclosing folder, where "My daily logs" is the "Folder to be synced" (and its subfolders). If I entered "name is Documents" to the rule, would it not sync everything in the Documents folder to iCloud?

So confused...
Zarkov

Re: I thought I knew what I was doing… Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:52 am • by Mr_Noodle
That means you are previewing the Documents folder. You need to drag the folder in that you want the rule to match.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support