Partial Date Matching and File Renaming

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Partial Date Matching and File Renaming Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:53 am • by jraymonds
Hazel's behavior seems to have changed over the past couple of months. I was successful pulling a month and a year out of a long file name and then renaming the file using that said month and year but I was also adding the DAY and it was defaulting to the end of the month that was matched so that was great. Now the DAY is defaulting to the current date. I guess I could AppleScript something to find out what the end of the month should be and insert that instead but that is a lot of work for something that used to be happening without any effort. What should an unmatched DAY be defaulting to for a matched month and year? I cannot imagine an easy way to come up with an end of month day without using some scripting if the way it is working now is the way it should be working. Looking for some guidance here.
jraymonds

Re: Partial Date Matching and File Renaming Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am • by Mr_Noodle
For any parts that are missing, the current date/time is used. There was a bug where that wasn't happening and it was a bit more random but that was fixed. Unfortunately, you will have to use a script.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Partial Date Matching and File Renaming Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:50 am • by jraymonds
Thank you for confirming. It would be great to have default values for date parts -- kind of like whether it is a fixed number of digits or not. Beyond those two options for day you could have "Last of the month".
jraymonds

Return to Support