Can I change the numeric value of a custom numeric token?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

There are several TV series I like which I am unable to fully automate with Hazel because the torrenting powers that be have a different idea about the series (occasionally) or episode (more frequently) numbers than TVdb.com has, requiring manual intervention to get the correct TV metadata. I would have thought this would be a common problem but I cannot find any mention of this in the forum.

I can handle a bad series number with a simple: if name matches "The Show name S10 E"(.Episode.), rename "The Show name S09E"(.Episode.). This is inelegant in that at requires a rewrite each season, but it works fine and I can live with it. However, the same approach for incorrect episode numbers would require a separate rule for each episode, which is beyond my inelegance threshold.

I see I can get a Custom token back from an embedded applescript, but I don't see that I can pass it the bad episode number to work with. Do I need to pass the whole filename to an external script and have it reinvent the elegant wheel Hazel has already provided for extraction of the episode number?

Could not there be an increment/decrement option in the custom token popup for numeric tokens equivalent to the Replace text... option for text tokens? Apart from this new feature request, how can I solve this problem now?

Thanks for your wonderful software.
scrapper

No way beyond a script at this point. In v3, I did add the ability to adjust the date numerically. I had an entry in the feature db to do the same for numeric attributes but it got cut since no one specifically asked for it. It's definitely in the list and makes sense since there are similar adjustments for other attributes. I guess it's just a question of when. If I can get on top of these other bugs for Friday's patch, I may be able to slip it in otherwise it will have to wait until I have more time.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

In case you haven't noticed yet, you should upgrade to 3.0.2.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Wow! There's service and then there's Mr_Noodle.

Thank you very much.
scrapper

Return to Support