I don't know what I am doing...

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I don't know what I am doing... Thu May 13, 2021 9:22 am • by Oakley
Alright, I don't know if I will be able to explain this but I will try.. sorry if it gets long.

So, I download a lot of SVG cut files to use with my Cricut, but when I download them they usually come with JPG, PNG, EPS, PDF etc. versions of the same file. So, what I am trying to do is sort the SVG's to a different folder (which I have set up), but then is there a way for me to make a rule that will delete the rest of the files from that specific download once the SVG is moved? The problem I am running into is that sometimes I will download a PDF or a JPG on it's own that I do not want deleted and will want sorted to a different folder for PDFs or JPGs.. Does that make sense? Like in a perfect world I would want a rule like this... "if an SVG is moved from this folder, delete the rest of the contents and the folder itself" Can I do that? and how...?

Thanks for your help!
Oakley

Re: I don't know what I am doing... Fri May 14, 2021 10:18 am • by Mr_Noodle
Do the files have the same name but different extensions? If so, it's a bit tricky, but you can try nested conditions (check the manual). For the non-svg files, you can have something like:
Code: Select all
    If (all) are met
        Name matches (• file name)
        Extension is not svg
        If (all) are met for (any files in the same folder)
            Extension is svg
    Do
        Move to trash

(• file name) is a custom attribute you create to match "anything". What this does is grab the name of the file, then sees if there is another file in the same folder with the same name but an svg extension. If so, then move it to the trash.

Then you will need a rule which handles the svg file itself:
Code: Select all
    If (all) are met
        Extension is svg
        If (any) are met for (all files in the same folder)
            Name does not match (• file name)
            Extension is not svg
    Do
        Move to <<wherever>>

The logic is a bit tricky here but what it should be doing here is matching svg files if there are no files with the same name and a non-svg extension. I think I have the logic correct there but you may need to play with it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support