Moving a single file within a folder of files

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

HI all

I'm new to Hazel and struggling to do something that I think is simple.

I have a folder where I store all our episodes of our podcast. In this folder are sub folders for each episode. In the sub folder is the mp3 file that I wish to automatically copy when my producer puts it there to another folder for transcription.
I've set up rules with Hazel but no matter what I select, Hazel copies the entire folder to the target location. All I want is the mp3 file to be copied. I've tried even to delete the files I dont want at the target but Hazel just recopies the files again.

I also want to tag the file that it has been processed, but HAzel seems to only Tag the folder.

Here is the rule that I have set up and the instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lethtmgf02nb2 ... 8.png?dl=0

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
ryanpurvis

By default, Hazel only operates on files directly in the folder being monitored. If you want to act on files in subfolders, then you need to (a) create a SEPARATE rule to tell Hazel to go into subfolders and (b) have the rule to process the files only process the files and not the folder you are going into.

For (a), check the manual as there is a whole chapter on this. From there, you can modify the other rule.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support