Identifying PDF contents from Scanner Pro (Readdle)

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi there,

First time poster here who is still getting up to speed with Hazel (and automation in general if I'm honest!)

My question relates to documents that I'm scanning on my phone and then saving to my iCloud > Downloads folder. I'd like Hazel to recognise content within those PDF files and then move them to an appropriate folder on my NAS.

I've set up a simple rule looking to check that the extension is a PDF and that Contents contains "Pension Statement" but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be triggering any sort of reaction from Hazel.

Therefore, I'm wondering if this is some an issue with OCR (and a lack of it in the file) - I'm assuming Hazel needs that to be able to identify the contents of a PDF.

I'm using Scanner Pro from Readdle to scan the docs in the first place, and when I go into Settings it states that OCR is active, so I wanted to post up in here to see if anyone could identify something else that I might be doing wrong or whether there is something else I need to configure within the app.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
MortimerJazz

Open the file in Preview and see if you can find the text there. If not, then Hazel won't be able to find it either.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support