Same Rules, but different Folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Same Rules, but different Folder Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:40 am • by nabilsadik
Hey Guys,

So basically my daily work involves downloading bank statements of all our branches of my company and preparing fund status reports.

I use Hazel to download/rename/move to respective Bank name folders with Latest date.

the rules I use to match is source url/ file name.

But in some cases, two or three branches have the same bank account and the url and file name will be the same.

So my doubt is how do I move the second statement to another folder for the other branch, how do I tweak the rules?
nabilsadik

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am • by Mr_Noodle
How are you able to tell them apart?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm • by nabilsadik
Mr_Noodle wrote:How are you able to tell them apart?

When I open them , the statements will be different because they are of different companies but the the same bank!
Same file name when downloading though.

And the url is not constant , it will keep changing only the a part of the url is constant.
nabilsadik

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you post a concrete example? It seems there are detectable differences so you can add conditions to your rule to filter on those but I can't say for sure without more specifics.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:24 am • by nabilsadik
Mr_Noodle wrote:Can you post a concrete example? It seems there are detectable differences so you can add conditions to your rule to filter on those but I can't say for sure without more specifics.

Ok for example ; I download Company A UBL Bank statements from Site Url X and File Name is Y.

My watch folder is the downloads folder, I have set the conditions to move the file to another folder ( UBL Statements Comp A April) if date created is after current time, if name contains 'Y" and url contains "X", and then rename to UBL.Comp A.current date.pdf

But my issue is that Company B also has statements coming from UBL Bank with the same file name and same url( atleast part of the url), but when I open it the contents of the file will be different, because it shows the transactions of Company B because I have logged in using credentials for Company B.

I want the statements for company B to move and rename to another folder and not move to (UBL Statements Company A April)
nabilsadik

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 am • by Mr_Noodle
Try matching on Contents. If you use "Contents contain match", you can create a pattern to match the distinguishing text and possibly use custom attributes which you can reuse later in the rule.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:53 am • by nabilsadik
Mr_Noodle wrote:Try matching on Contents. If you use "Contents contain match", you can create a pattern to match the distinguishing text and possibly use custom attributes which you can reuse later in the rule.

So it will read the contents inside the PDF File?
nabilsadik

Re: Same Rules, but different Folder Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:31 am • by Mr_Noodle
Yes, provided the PDF file has readable text (as opposed to an image).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support