Remove Spaces in Device Model Option

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Remove Spaces in Device Model Option Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:10 pm • by sgclark
Hi,

I rename my photo files via Hazel using the pattern: 'date_created-device name.jpg'.

I have been doing this for a while however I just recently noticed that there is a space between the device name and its version number.

For example, in the new file name created by Hazel, say I took a photo with an iPhone 12, in the updated renamed file name it would read as:

2021-04-04_03.11.12PM-iphone 12.jpg

Shouldn't there be a dash or an underline between 'iphone' and '12' incase the file is used online? Or just to avoid dead spaces in the file name?

Thanks
Stephen
sgclark

Re: Remove Spaces in Device Model Option Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 am • by Mr_Noodle
Depends on where you will need to use the file but spaces are totally ok on your Mac. You can use the "Replace text" function if you want to get rid of them though.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Remove Spaces in Device Model Option Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:20 am • by sgclark
Mr_Noodle wrote:Depends on where you will need to use the file but spaces are totally ok on your Mac. You can use the "Replace text" function if you want to get rid of them though.

My assumption is that I would input it as (brackets there to define field):

Replace [space] with [-]

In the interface at below screen shot?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o92iqcxqisai1 ... M.png?dl=0
sgclark

Re: Remove Spaces in Device Model Option Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:05 am • by Mr_Noodle
Yes, that should do it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support