Script Has Stalled out

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Script Has Stalled out Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:03 pm • by jmvenable
Some time ago, I successfully ran some applets that read bills, extracted info, renamed the files, then sent them to Evernote. Lately, the last step (I think) began to fail. The applet called on a script I borrowed from this forum, and here it is:

tell application "Evernote"
activate
«event EVRNcrnt» given «class kfil»:theFile, «class Ennb»:{"Statements"}, «class Engg»:{"Chase Annual Summaries", "Compilation"}
end tell

I would appreciate any advise about changes or updates that might get things working again.
jmvenable

Re: Script Has Stalled out Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:14 am • by Mr_Noodle
From what I understand, Evernote removed AppleScript support. You'll need to contact them about alternatives.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Script Has Stalled out Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:49 pm • by JaredChi
Mr_Noodle wrote:From what I understand, Evernote removed AppleScript support. You'll need to contact them about alternatives.

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't experienced this problem until the last couple of weeks because I had avoided updating my Evernote app until then (primarily because I was worried about losing functionality I depended on). I still have an old version of the app installed on by MacBook Air - creatively renamed "Evernote Old" - and by changing all of my Evernote-related AppleScripts to point to "Evernote Old," I have gotten them working again. It's kludgy (and painful to have to modify every rule by hand), but it works for now.
JaredChi

Return to Support