Rule Sync not working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Rule Sync not working Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 pm • by gman2222
I'm not having much luck getting Rule Sync working between an Intel Mac mini and an M1 MacBook Pro using a sync file in iCloud Drive.

Whenever changes are made to the rules, I can see it writing an update to the .hazelrules file in iCloud Drive on the source Mac.

After the change is downloaded (by iCloud Drive) on the destination Mac, I can see Hazel update its UI (the rule selection moves to the top), but no changes are made to the rules themselves.

In both directions, I've tried all sorts of rules changes - renaming rules, reordering rules, deleting rules, adding rules, but nothing gets synced.

Also tried turning on the debug log but sync-related seems to get written to the log.

Can you please help me figure out what's going wrong? Thanks in advance!
gman2222

Re: Rule Sync not working Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:46 am • by Mr_Noodle
There's currently a bug with rule syncing. If you are interesting in testing the latest beta, please email in to support. Otherwise, a fix should hopefully be released soon.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Rule Sync not working Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:05 pm • by gman2222
Mr_Noodle wrote:There's currently a bug with rule syncing. If you are interesting in testing the latest beta, please email in to support. Otherwise, a fix should hopefully be released soon.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be on the lookout for the new release.
gman2222

Return to Support